The purpose of this two-part assignment is to apply the concepts related to clinical interviewing, further understand the benefits of the multimodal and multidimensional approaches, become more familiar with assessment inventories, and gain experience in scoring and interpreting test results.
- Complete the Personality Inventory for DSM-5 (PID-5), Adult on yourself and score the instrument. In the Personality Inventories link (choose For Adults: Personality Inventory for DSM-5 (PID-5) Adult).
- Synthesize the material and produce a written test report. Note the test report requirements below.
- Complete a reaction paper noting your experience of administering, scoring, and interpreting the assessments.
The test report must include:
- Identifying information (age, gender, ethnicity, other relevant factors)
- Reason for referral
- Evaluation of instruments and sources of information
- Narrative of the personality inventory results including score and qualitative description
- Summary of all test results
- Impressions: Include a discussion of your perception about the accuracy of the results; discuss other variables that could be explored (multidimensional approach) and other sources (multi-method approach) that can be used to collect data
The test report should be written in APA style and include appropriate test citations and references.
In the reaction paper, do the following:
- Discuss your experience of taking the tests and writing the report.
- Discuss what this experience teaches you about testing.
- Discuss an ethical issue that may arise when relying on testing instead of assessment.
In the reaction paper, address the following:
- Describe your experience of taking the inventory and writing the report.
- Explain what this experience teaches you about testing.
- Describe an ethical issue that may arise when relying on testing instead of assessment.
The reaction paper should be a 1- to 3-page Microsoft Word document, written in a clear, concise, and organized manner