- “Political Culture and Socialization in the Information Age”
- “Public attitudes toward political engagement on social media”
The author(s) of “Political Culture and Socialization in the Information Age” identify as part of their key takeaway that “Mass media have become compelling agencies of political learning, as young people spend a tremendous amount of time being exposed to television, the Internet, video games, and other media rather than interacting with other people. Media messages about politics are often negative, which may lead young people to become alienated from the political process.” Anderson et al in “Public Attitudes toward Political Engagement on Social Media” look at the complexity of the impact of social media. They state, “About two-thirds of Americans think social media help give a voice to underrepresented groups, but a larger share thinks they distract people from more important issues.”
Consider how mass media have impacted your views on and engagement around political issues. Which ideas from the readings are most true for you? Which ideas do not apply? Be specific as you address your thinking and activism (or lack of) around current issues.
Tips for writing a strong Academic Reflection
An academic reflection for this course has three sections: Description, Analysis, and Conclusions
Description: Explain the reading(s), lecture, video, and/or discussion that the reflection is based on.
- What is the author’s purpose?
- What is the author’s main argument?
- What specific point(s) of the author’s argument are you responding to.
Analysis: Use specific detail to support your analysis.
- Is this author credible? Justify.
- How does it support your previous understandings or conflict with them?
- Why were specific aspects of the author’s argument particularly interesting or challenging to you?
Conclusions: Use specific detail to support your conclusions.
- What have you learned about the topic and about yourself?
- What questions or new ideas do you have that you would like to explore?
Submit a polished document in MLA Format. See Purdue OWL:
Review the UNIV 1141 Academic Reflection 1 Grading Rubric
NOTE: Attach as a Word docx or a pdf.
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If you are looking for a similar or different assignment contact us for help by placing an order anonymously and it will be delivered in time.Get Started & Get it within 6 Hours Order & Get it within 12 Hours
You can trust us for this and even for your future projects