Anxiety and Adjustment Disorders, psychology homework help
Anxiety and Adjustment Disorders
Stress and adjustment issues can vary from person to person, based not only on the cause of the distress, but also on the unique characterological and cultural elements that define the person. This week, you looked at anxiety and adjustment disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD is the response a person can have to acute stress or traumas, such as rape, the extremes of war, disasters, or even child abuse. Some of these experiences are part of many inmates’ life history.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Focus on the cases of PTSD on pages 137, 152, 158, and 161.
- Consider why PTSD is characterized as a stress disorder instead of an adjustment disorder.
- Choose a case of PTSD from Chapter 5.
- Consider what you could do to assist the client in reducing or removing the stressors.
- Put the name of the case you chose in the subject line of your post.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 your understanding of why PTSD is classified as an anxiety disorder, not an adjustment disorder. Briefly describe the factors that contributed to the overall stress in the case you chose, including psychosocial and cultural factors, temperament, etc. Be sure to include your thoughts on how you could assist this client to remove the stressors or cope with them differently.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references from the Learning Resources.
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If you are looking for a similar or different assignment contact us for help by placing an order anonymously and it will be delivered in time.Get Started & Get it within 6 Hours Order & Get it within 12 Hours
You can trust us for this and even for your future projects