For this benchmark, use the “Class Profile” (I will upload the class profile) to distribute students into the design tiered groupings. Provide rationale to explain movements from previous groupings. Based on the new groupings, create three lessons plans with differentiated activities. Your lesson plans should be focused on developing word recognition, language comprehension, strategic knowledge, and reading-writing connections.
Use the following documents to guide your lesson plan development:
- Arizona’s Common Core Standards – English Language Arts and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects Standards.
- Hess’ Cognitive Rigor Matrix.
Use the “COE Lesson Plan Template,”(I will upload) to prepare the mini-unit.
In addition, submit a 500-750 word rationale in support of your lesson plans that demonstrates:
- Your knowledge of and a critical stance toward a wide variety of quality traditional print, digital, and online resources.
- Your understanding of the research and literature that supports the reading and writing curriculum and instruction for all elementary students.
- The information gathered from your field experience observations and interviews that support the strategies in these lesson plans.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.