IT261-3: Differentiate the major features of two desktop operating systems.
You will have the opportunity to experiment with several management tools that are available in Windows 10 that can make your operation flexible and powerful. Local Group Policies Editor, for example, needs to be used with caution since, if not properly used, can create havoc with your system.
- Open the Control Panel in Small icons view and take a screen Configuring the Microsoft Management Console (MMC):
- Launch the MMC by pressing the Windows Logo + X, in the Run Type mmc, press OK, and thenclick Yes. (See Fig. 23.11 in your text).
- Install the “Group Policy Object Editor” (gpedit.msc) by following the steps, under the section “Adding a Snap-in,” of Chapter 23 of your text Take a screenshot of the Add or Remove Add-Ins (See Fig. 23.12 in your text)
- Hide a Control Panel Item
- Create a policy to remove the phone and modem icon from the control panel (or any other of your choosing, but specify which one you are selecting) following the steps under Removing an Icon from Control Panel. Name the console and save it to a proper directory making sure to remember or write down the path. Take a screenshot of the directory holding the console.
- Navigate to the saved console and double-click to open the Under View menu, select Filter ON. Take a screenshot showing that the Hide specified Control Panel items is enabled.
- Close the Group Polices Save the Console.
- Open the Control Panel in Small icons view and take a screen The hidden Control Panel item should not be listed confirming that the policy took effect as programmed.
- Customizing the Windows Security Window Create a policy to prevent a user from accessing one or more of the commands from the Windows Security window.
- Follow the steps under Customizing the Windows Security Window and choose Remove Lock Computer policy. Take a screen shot. Save the changes to the Console.
- Close the Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and take a screen shot. The Remove Lock Computer should not be present confirming that the policy took effect as programmed.
- Enabling the Shutdown Event Tracker
- Create a policy for keeping track of the reasons you shut down or restart Windows
- Open your saved
- Follow the steps under Enabling the Shutdown Event Tracker section. Take a screenshot of the Display Shutdown Event Tracker window with the Enabled radio button Click the OK button to close the window. Save the changes to the Console.
- Shut down the computer and take a screenshot of the dialog box (See Figure 10 in your text). Click Continue to shut down Windows 10 and the VM.
Directions for Submitting Your Assignment:
Compose your Assignment in a Microsoft Word document. All parts of this Assignment, including the screenshots, must be placed into one single Word document. Label each answer following the rubric. Save the document as IT261_YourName_Unit_5 Assignment and submit it to the appropriate Dropbox for Unit 5.
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If you are looking for a similar or different assignment contact us for help by placing an order anonymously and it will be delivered in time.Get Started & Get it within 6 Hours Order & Get it within 12 Hours
You can trust us for this and even for your future projects