Write a two-part paper of 750-1,000 words that summarize your experience at the meeting. Be sure to include important concepts presented in the meeting while maintaining the privacy of all group participants. Include the following in your paper:
Part 1: Attending the Meeting
- Attend a recovery support group meeting (include the name, time, and place of the meeting)
- Describe the format of the meeting that you attended.
- Describe each of the following: Closed meeting, open meeting, steps, sponsor, and home group. Please note: These terms are specific to AA and NA.
Part 2: Individual Recovery Methods
- Based on your observations during the meeting, identify the impact of a substance use disorder on an individual’s life problems based on the meeting attended.
- List two examples of how members/participants were engaged in their recovery goals to maintain sobriety.
- Identify two specific actions a counselor can take that can help someone with a substance use disorder be successful.
- List two goals that the client will identify for successful recovery.
- List two specific examples of actions a counselor might use to help someone with a substance use disorder address self-defeating behaviors toward their recovery progress?
- Include at least three scholarly resources in your paper.