Locate a website for an organization that hires graduates in your major. Besides technical skills, what writing and communication skills does this organization seek in a job candidate? Write a one-page essay on what they say directly on this subject. Include reasons why each skill is important, and any additional written/spoken skills that you believe would give a candidate a competitive advantage.
Part B: Effective Writing Teams
- What types of projects require collaboration?
- What are four primary attributes of an effective writing team? Provide an example for each.
Part C: Internet Source Distortion/Misrepresentation
From media, personal experience, or the Internet, identify an example of each of the following sources of distortion (faulty causal and/or statistical inference) for the following:
- A study with questionable sponsorship or motives
- Reliance on insufficient evidence/hasty generalization
- Unbalanced or biased presentation
- Unexamined assumptions
- Faulty causal reasoning
Part D: Checklist for Style – Local Newspaper
Using the “Checklist for Style” on the following page (also found in Chapter 11 of your textbook), rewrite the following letter to a local newspaper.