Title VII, ADA, FMLA, Immigration, and Discrimination Presentation
Purpose of Assignment
Discrimination, Workers’ Rights, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Family Medical Leave all flow from Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. As you work through this assignment consider how the law continues to be updated to represent the will of the people, and consider the role the government has in this process.
Resources: Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Business Ethics, and Global Issues: Ch. 19, 20, and 21; Government websites dedicated to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, including detailed speaker notes (speaker notes not required for introduction, conclusion, and reference slides). The speaker notes for each slide should serve as the text for your presentation.
Address the following:
- Describe the scope of coverage of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Summarize the role of Title VII on businesses and describe how race, color, and national origin are protected.
- Explain what businesses must do to protect employees against gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Analyze what protections are afforded by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the liability issues it may cause for employers.
- Assess the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and how it protects workers.
- Evaluate the elements of the current immigration law.
Cite a minimum of five scholarly references. One peer-reviewed reference must be from the University Library.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Reference: Cheeseman, H (2016). Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Business Ethics, and Global Issues (8th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If you are looking for a similar or different assignment contact us for help by placing an order anonymously and it will be delivered in time.Get Started & Get it within 6 Hours Order & Get it within 12 Hours
You can trust us for this and even for your future projects