Each assignment needs to be a 1.5-2 page write up (in paragraph format) discussing the article (single spaced, 12 point font). It should contain the following parts:
- An executive summary (~2 sentences) about the content of the article, formatted in italics. This should be written once you are DONE with the assignment, however put it up at the top of the page.
- In 2-3 paragraphs, summarize the article and put it in context of what we are studying in class.
- In your write-up, make sure to highlight 3 vocabulary words from our book that we’ve learned so far, and explain their meaning within the context of the article.
- The 3 vocabs that we learned from the book are:
- • Market Economy: An economic system in which the interaction of
supply and demand determines the quantity in which goods and services are produced. Values : Abstract ideas about what a society believes to be good, right, and desirable. Globalization of Markets :Moving away from an economic system in which national markets are distinct entities, isolated by
trade barriers and barriers of distance, time, and
culture, and toward a system in which national
markets are merging into one global market
- The vocabulary words must be integrated within the flow of the write-up, within the paragraphs.
- Make sure to highlight each vocabulary word by putting it in bold and underline.
- In 2 paragraphs, respond to the content of the article. Given what you know and what we’ve learned in class, what do you think about the news? What should the reader take away from this article?
- In 1 paragraph, if you were an international business, how might this news affect you? What decisions might you have to make? What things might you have to be aware of?
- In 1 paragraph, provide a conclusion that ties all the previous parts together.