Observe two different service delivery models (self-contained, full inclusion, resource, or speech) within a school setting for at least 30 minutes each.
Interview each teacher to find out the teacher’s rationale for instruction and management for that service delivery model.
Note instructional strategies used during your observation. Also note the responsibilities of teachers and support staff, classroom management techniques, and how the environment is adapted to meet student needs in each delivery model.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper comparing and contrasting the two service delivery models you observed.
Integrate each interview and observation into your paper as you describe each of the following points:
- The service delivery models you observed and the exceptionalities they service
- How all stakeholders collaborate and cooperate to meet student needs to provide a positive learning environment
- The models of collaborative teaching that you observed
- Instructional strategies
- Modifications and accommodations used to target learning
- Modifications and accommodations used to demonstrate respect and rapport within the learning environment
- The learning environment
- Technology (including assistive technology) implemented that is planned to support varied student learning needs
Format the paper according to APA guidelines.