Final Film Critique
Write an eight to ten page film critique (excluding the cover and references) of a American feature Film of your choosing.
- Students must establish a coherent thesis statement in the introduction of their paper with a claim that they intend to prove. The body of the essay serves to support the thesis through an analysis of the film and other relevant material. Avoid simply rehashing descriptive material from other sources.
- Support your thesis through textual and formal analysis. Refer to specific shots, scenes, characters, stylistic devices, and themes in the film.
- As much as possible, use technical, literary and industry terms to make your points.
Only use plot information to support the thematic points of the paper. Include only one to two sentences of plot summary when explaining each of the required filmic elements.
When writing your paper, there are 10 required elements you need to address. Please write your paper in the order the elements are listed.
- Style and Directing
- Impact of Society on the film and vice versa
- Application of at lease one approach to analysis and interpretation
- Overall textual themes