1. Summarize “A Big Fat Crisis,” “Public Agrees on Obesity’s Impact, Not the Government’s Role” and “Who is to Blame for the Rise in Obesity.” (Write separate summary for each.)
2. In the Ted Talk (Links to an external site.), “A Big Fat Crisis,” Deborah Cohen claims that much of our inability to deal with the obesity crisis has to do with where we, as a society place the blame. Why does she say this? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
3. Did the information in “Who is to Blame for the Rise in Obesity” change how you think about the obesity crisis or reaffirm it? Explain, using the article.
4. Talk about the evidence presented by Pew in “Public Agrees on Obesity’s Impact, Not the Government’s Role.” Is there a disconnect between what people think about the crisis and what is happening, or are people clear on this issue? Should the government be involved? Why/why not?
- I want 350 words or more for 2,3,4.
- The summaries should be brief and focused.
And feel free to go beyond the questions…and be thinking about your essays. Happy writing!