(Teachers directions exactly) This assignment amounts to 30% of your course grade (unless it gets dropped as the lowest of the four essays you write).
In five pages (that is, in no fewer than five pages, and no more than five and a half pages):
1) explain one of Churchland’s arguments against Folk Psychology or in favor of his Eliminative Materialism;
2) craft one challenge from the perspective of Jackson’s “What Mary Didn’t Know” to that argument highlighted in 1);
3) explain how Churchland would argumentatively reply to what you present in 2)
4) argue for or against the argument you present in 3), above; and
5) defend your argument in 4) against a naysayer.
If you submit someone else’s ideas, words, or phrases, you must cite those individuals: copying of any kind will not be accepted. If you submit ideas, words, or phrases from a previous essay of your own, explicitly state as much. Please do not just represent, word for word, old material. Go to http://libguides.piercecollege.edu/citation for excellent information on citing.
Use one-inch margins all around, double-spacing throughout, and Times New Roman font, size 12 only–and no title pages or page numbers please.
Important: The introduction paragraph should introduce the five questions being asked. Please create a concrete and clear thesis statement that briefly covers the five questions with your opinion on arguments. Only use the UNDERLINED parts of the two sources provided and cite by using paragraphs as reference Example:(par 5). No outside sources allowed. The body paragraphs should cover the 5 questions clearly and make sure to stay on focused the specific points that should be proven, to avoid de-railing. Paraphrase quotes that you feel would fit in best (professor likes that), direct quotes are also good. Thank you!