The phrase “summer’s sentinel,” meaning a cuckoo, is an example of
- a kenning.
- a predicate.
- a scop.
In Sir Gawain and the Green Knight a sense of supernatural is found when
- the Green Knight does not die from Sir Gawain’s blow.
- the Green Knight challenges King Arthur’s knights.
- Sir Gawain arrives at the Green Castle and finds it hideous.
The first part of “The Seafarer” is the story of
- a man’s life on the sea.
- a sailor’s conversion to Christianity.
- an exile’s lament for his country.
What keeps Bede from being completely accurate in A History of the English Church and People?
- He sometimes accepted unlikely stories as true.
- He usually did not tell where he got information.
- Much of his information comes from his own observations.
In real life, King Arthur is believed to have been a Celtic chieftain from the fifth or sixth century.
What is being said about the character in the following quotation from The Canterbury Tales? “He was an easy man in penance-giving / Where he could hope to make a decent living; / It’s a sure sign whenever gifts are given / To a poor Order that a man’s well shriven, / And should he give enough he knew in verity / The penitent repented in sincerity.”
- He knew that if he exacted a large enough price for the sin, the penitent person would feel truly sorry for what he’d done.
- He gave out easy penances and absolution so he could make money.
- He gave out easy penances and absolution because he couldn’t stand to criticize people.
Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If you are looking for a similar or different assignment contact us for help by placing an order anonymously and it will be delivered in time.Get Started & Get it within 6 Hours Order & Get it within 12 Hours
You can trust us for this and even for your future projects