By now you will have gained some insight into an effective writing process and your specific needs. Through the Discussion, you may have found that your colleagues have similar writing strengths and areas of improvement. Please remember that the Discussion forum is a great opportunity to support each other as you work through the weeks’ Learning Resources and Assignments.
In this week’s Assignment, you will build on the Discussion in which you analyzed your writing process and skills. In addition to identifying areas for improvement, you may cite specific examples of Instructor or Faculty feedback—or other writing assessments that illustrate your writing skill opportunities and strengths. You may also reference any relevant feedback from your colleagues’ Discussion responses. This Assignment is designed to help prepare you for subsequent weeks’ work, when you will practice using strategies and skills to develop an effective writing process.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- In addition to addressing specific issues covered in the Discussion, consider writing feedback you received from other sources, such as Instructors or Faculty Members or writing assessments.
- Consider any specific issues, problems, concerns, and strengths. Use the Learning Resources for this week to guide you through your reflection.
- Incorporate common writing terms from the Walden University Writing Center website, found in the Learning Resources.
Compose a 2- to 3-paragraph reflective essay examining your experiences with writing. Use the instructions in the “Writer’s Self-Assessment” document as a starting point but also consider feedback obtained from Instructors and other sources. You may choose to do any of the following:
- Explain in detail any specific issues, problems, or concerns in your writing. Include specific examples. This is your opportunity to let the Instructor know the types of issues you would like to address during the class.
- Explain the strengths in your writing and why you consider these your strengths.
- Be sure to incorporate common writing terms from the Walden University Writing Center website, found in the Learning Resources.
- Describe any guidance or help found in the Learning Resources to address your writing concerns.
- Briefly describe several actions you might use to further develop your scholarly writing.
- For those of you who completed WCSS 6050/WCSS 6051, you may write about the feedback you received from that course.
Document: Instructions for Writer’s Self-Assessment (Word document)
Walden University Writing Center. (2015i). Walden templates: General templates: APA course paper template (6th ed.). Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/te…Note: Please submit all assignments using the abovementioned APA Course Paper Template (6th ed.).
Document: Skill review of WCSS 6050 (Word document)
Walden University Writing Center. (2015b). Common writing terms: Overview. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/te…Read the overview and view the “Terms” links. Students will become familiar with these terms by now but review to familiarity.
Walden University Writing Center (Producer). (2015, June 27). WriteCast: How academic writing helps you beyond academia (Episode 23) [Audio podcast]. Retrieved from https://soundcloud.com/writecast/episode-23-how-ac…