The Final Project requires you to incorporate all aspects of the course as you evaluate various aspects of your organization’s Human Resources policies, programs, and procedures. You will determine if these elements are sufficient to support the organization’s overall goals and strategies.
Use company policies, handbooks, and other written resources from your organization as primary documentation. You should also make sure to interview the HR Manager and other relevant leaders. In your analysis, you will use relevant research (e.g., websites, articles, texts, etc.) to support your arguments.
Address the following:
- Determine your organization’s’ goals and strategies.Useful resources will include:
- Mission Statements
- Goals and objectives stated via company handbooks, websites, e-mails or newsletters, meetings, or in your interview with the HR manager or other relevant leaders
- Plans that the organization uses to forecast for future needs as it relates to nursing professionals.
- You should examine any and all policies and programs that address:
- recruiting, training, onboarding, and development
- performance management
- labor relations (union v. non-union)
- employee termination
- workforce diversity
- Finally, you will determine if these aspects of the HR policies, programs and procedures are sufficient to support the organization’s overall goals and strategies. If so, how do they align with these goals? If they fall short, be sure to suggest recommendations and improvements. This is the most important part of your paper. It is where you will be evaluating your organization’s human resource practices.
- Minimum of 10–12 pages with support from the research to indicate a thorough analysis was completed.
- Include a Title and References page (this does not count towards the minimum page count above).
- Include a minimum of six scholarly references
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- use spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources including:
- properly formatted header
- 12-point, double-spaced, Times New Roman font
- use of in-text citations
- title page and reference page
- use of headings (if applicable)