Resources: Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Business Ethics, and Global Issues: Ch. 14, 15, and 16; Week 2 Electronic Reserve Readings; Business Entities Assignment
Scenario: You are a sole proprietor presenting to a group of investors, seeking 20 million dollars to raise capital for your solar panel manufacturing and installation company, Solar Co.
Prepare a 7- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Microsoft® Sway®, or Prezi® presentation with speaker notes for your potential investors, and address the following items:
- Choose one type of business entity that you plan to use for Solar Co., and explain why you would choose this type of entity rather than the others. What risks and issues specific to this industry and Solar Co.’s business influenced your decision?
- Assume that at least one investor will question whether Solar Co. should be organized as a corporation. Summarize, for the investors, what legal liabilities could arise for the directors or officers of that corporation. How could those liabilities for the directors and officers be minimized?
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
- Learn: Ch. 15: Limited Liability Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships, and Special Forms of Business
- Learn: Ch. 16: Corporations and Corporate Governance
- Learn: Ch. 14: Small Business, General Partnerships, and Limited Partnerships
- Practice: Business Entities
Copyright ©2018 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are property of their respective owne