Part 1 Due 3/7/18
Your supervisor is impressed with the medical knowledge you have as to the health effects/risks of alcohol/substance abuse and asks that you prepare a PowerPoint presentation to present to the probation department staff. He tells you that the presentation should have some color and some graphics associated with the topics. He wants you to use the notes section for the presentation. Prepare a 5–8-slide PowerPoint presentation specifically on at least 3 different birth defects or birth-related problems shown by newborns whose mothers used alcohol, nicotine, or other substances during pregnancy. Be certain to use in-text citations and to have a reference slide at the end in addition to an opening slide. You will be giving this presentation to the probation department staff, so remember to check for errors in spelling and grammar.
- PowerPoint presentations should be between 5-8 slides.
- Presentations should include color, graphics, title slide, and references related to topics.
- Use the notes section for the presentation.
- PowerPoint slides should specifically include birth defects associated with alcohol/substance abuse.
Part 2 Due 03/9/18
Based on the treatment modalities that you have learned in this class along with your basic knowledge of treatment modalities for alcohol and substance abuse, do the following:
- Identify and discuss 2 treatment modalities for Mr. Potts that you believe would be appropriate and useful for his recovery.
- State why you believe the 2 treatment modalities that you have chosen would be effective for Mr. Potts.
- You must use the facts from the scenario to support your position.