Why Amazon’s Kindle Cannot be Made in the United States
As a result of the benefit of the need for design engineers and those involved in distribution to interact with manufacturing, the outsourcing of manufacturing to Asia has also produced those in Asia who can provide engineering and other skills as well. As a result, the US has lost not only low skill manufacturing to Asia but higher skilled work as well.
In your paper address the following:
- The differences between the production of PCs and the production of Amazon Kindle?
- From an institution-based view, what should the U.S. government do to foster U.S. competitiveness?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.