Read Case : Foreign Retailers in India
- The following articles may also be helpful:
After reading and reflecting upon the discussion questions below, please write-up your case assignment according to the instructions in the syllabus. For your convenience, this format is provided below. Remember, your answers to the below discussion questions make up “Section 2” of your case write-up, and each answer should be provided in a separate paragraph.
Format for Cases
Cases should be submitted in Microsoft Word format and should be double-spaced using a common font such as Times New Roman 12 point font, at least 3 pages.
At the top, left corner of the first page 1 of the case, please include the following information, in this format:
Case write-ups should follow the following format:
Section 1: Introduction – a brief summary of the case and what you will address in the write-up.
Section 2*: Answers to questions (at the end of the case). Each answer should be discussed in its own paragraph(s).
Section 3: Conclusion – A synopsis of the case and any concluding remarks.
*The questions to answer for this case (for Section 2) are as follows:
- Question 1: Why do you think that the Indian retail sector is so fragmented?
- Question 2: What are the potential benefits to India of entry by foreign retail establishments?
- Question 3:Who stands to lose as a result of foreign entry into the India retail sector?
- Question 4: Why do you think reform of FDI regulations in India has been so difficult?