- Mapping journal consists of 3-4 pages long walking tour itinerary and map. Throughout the semester you will be asked to take photos and/or videos of examples of diversity (images, language, signs, etc.) in public space, and to annotate these photos and videos. Carry your notebook and camera to the fieldtrip and on your own exploration trips. Let me know if you don’t have access to these tools. For this assignment you will be familiar with these aspects of urban planning and way-finding:
- paths, the streets, sidewalks, trails, and other channels in which people travel;
- landmarks, readily identifiable objects which serve as external reference points.
- edges, perceived boundaries such as walls, buildings, and shorelines;
- nodes, focal points, intersections or loci;
- districts, relatively large sections of the city distinguished by some identity or character;
**** This is link of chinatown https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g289…
and please write like you went there and spoke with someone who gave you information about it