Purpose of Assignment
The Week 1 assignment allows students to explore a company that they are familiar with and relate this to their own experiences to determine the importance of the mission and vision of a business as well as the influence this may have on their own role. The assignment will also allow the student to explore the effects of a company not having a mission statement.
Resources: Week 1 textbook readings
Choose a company that has both a mission and vision statement.
Prepare a minimum 750-1000 words summary in which you address the following:
- Identify the company’s mission statement.
- Identify the company’s vision statement.
- Explain what role these have on the way the business operates. Evaluate whether the company’s actions seem to align to their vision and mission statements.
- Examine how the mission and vision of the organization might affect or guide you as an employee or manager in the company.
- Analyze what you think would be the effect if the company did not have a mission statement.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Use header, hedlines for the introduction, all the questions asked above, conclusion, and use in-text citations according to the references you used.
Cite a minimum of two peer-reviewed references.